Sunday, May 20, 2012

EGLP Reflection

If you had attended the Leadershape, you might have thought that the EGLP was a little childish. I won't say you are wrong, because I had same thought. I finished the Emerging Global Leaders Program in Jan 2012, a year after the Leadershape. Before I attended, people told me it would be an intensive couple of days. However, if you compare the two days to the six days of Leadershape, the EGLP was nothing. 

My EGLP group pic at Jan.

After two weeks, I was impressed. There had no internal circles, was inclusive and international. All students were from all over the world including Domestic, International and Exchange students. I had the opportunity to say anything I wanted to without concerning anyone. We didn't know anything about each other and were all strangers. The EGLP was awesome I admit. Even better than the Leadshape? Who knows? At least I really enjoyed.

May 7th 2012, I successfully became a mentor for the EGLP high school edition. 60 students, 11 mentors and 3 facilitators. We had a sick time together. Click on the link below to see the pictures.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.382792361756203.77617.156987591003349&type=3

May 10 2012, I had my mentees at the EGLP high school edition

My team - team awesome

The mentor team G11

The mentor team

 Group pic 

Group pic 2

Group pic 3

My presentation: Lead like a boss

My aboriginal buddies



After that week, I felt I had finally passed my experience to the participants and had a positive impact on them. It also made me to believe I can do more than I can imagine. 


I hope the concept I taught them have been planted in their head. In the future, they can modify it or improve it based on their experiences and needs.


I also think my presentation skills are definitely one of the big things I have improved. My leading skills have also been improved as well. This EGLP also enhanced my confidence while I was presenting in front of others and speaking in public.


I will highly recommend you to apply for the EGLP. It's opened to all students no matter your school year. If you are a student leader, it would be awesome if you can share your experiences with other students and eventually share your ideas with students who are from high school. I can't really tell you what I learned, because what I learned and saw were indescribable. It was a amazing experience. 


So, Welcome to York and Good luck.
Leave comments, if you have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment